Okay so this post is a bit showy-offy....but quite frankly, if we were reviewing this blog content as a whole we could say the same about every single post. It's about shopping and this is what I got :)
For 2 years I have thought about this bag. I first spotted it on tumblr and became obsessed. It fitted the bill:
1) Girly - but still with a pretty smattering of hardware.
2) Practical - it can be worn as a crossover, drapped over the arm or shoulder (and it can also house a lot of my daily necessities!).
3) By MiuMiu - a brand I have always loved: quirky, whimsical and by Miuccia Prada who I admire for business acumen and design sensibility and...
My first foray into the Vitello was with the blue/grey version I have featured in many a post. I got it from Selfridges and fell in love with the colour. It's a great versatile shade that goes with pretty much everything. I loved it so bloody much I got the matching wallet.
So whilst I have no regrets about that I have to admit that the pink was always in my mind.
For me it was unfinished business. I always knew that at some point I would get it. And finally I plucked up the courage to just go for it...
I think the Vitello is just one of those designs that you fall in love with. If you are a fan it's pretty hard to find any other bag that fits the bill in the same way and so be warned....you will give in to temptation sooner or later :)
I ordered mine online and it arrived, via Italy, in about 5 days. The colour was as expected - a gorgeous cool-toned pink with a nod to pale lilac.
NOTE: The most realistic interpretation of colour is in the outside shot. Sometimes it photographs more peach or pink or lilac toned when indoors and when natural light is sparse or dark.
1) Reviewing the delivery box - even this looks pretty.
2) Bubble wrap shielding - fascinating picture but I promise this gets better :)
3) A bag within a bag within a bag...and it's all so pink and pretty and pink and pretty and....
4) Releasing the ribbon from the shopping bag - ooh the suspense. *Intake breath*
5) Pulling out the dustbag - the Angels sang.
6) The dustbag opens...
7) ...and here she comes...
8) All hail the bag - and hold her aloft like Excalibur!
9) Rip off protective foam...
10) ...and rip out the stuffing.
11) ....and finally - pose
12) ....in all her glory :)
Needless to say I am elated and wore it out today...see how the colour changes in bright natural light? Much more gorgeous!
More of that tomorrow...
If you are considering this bag then you should know this:
1) It has a shiny leather finish. I like that, you might not.
2) It will scratch eventually....it's just the finish of leather and over time it will look "used". Don't get me wrong - it won't look battered or lose it's colour but expect a little softening and the appearance of the odd scratch. This might be a no no for you.
3) I can just about put a 15inch MacBook in it (the larger version that is) but it's a push. Better to be kept for everyday essentials rather than business related stuff.
4) If you love the colour family of this bag but can't justify the expense right now - get the grey Focco. It's a beautiful shade that although not identical, hints at similar pantones.
5) Here is the link to the one I purchased! :)
I want to walk round hugging it.
I have to say, talking purely vacuously, there is nothing better than a new handbag, is there? :)