Furla flew in blogger-extraordinaire Byranboy to celebrate the launch of the Spring/Summer Candy Collection and this morning, I went along to meet him.
Even though the brand showcased a happy selection of colours I decided to dress like misery in lots of black, with a little bit of floral detail.
I really hesitated this morning and had no idea what to wear. In situations like this I follow one mantra: when in doubt, wear Zara. The dress is really lovely - gorgeous stretchy fabric that is very forgiving. I wore it with my beloved Primark tights and Rag & Bone boots!
Boots: Rag & Bone Harrow boots - Link!
Bag: Alexander Wang Rocco - Link!
As for the event, Bryan was lovely. He sat down and let bloggers casually fire questions at him. Here's some of the things we learned:
* He does not follow trends. Well actually he sort of does. What that means is that he examines what the trends are and what everyone adopts - and then dresses in the total opposite way.
* He thinks there needs to be a balance in consuming fashion. It's that age old "investment dressing" philosophy that discourages over-consumption and waste.
* He does not consider himself successful because he's not convinced that he actually makes any difference to the world and people's lives.
* If he wasn't a blogger he would love to be a politician for the above reason and make a truly positive impact on the world.
Here's me with Bryan.
Note to self: Do not stand under a downlighter. So friggin unflattering!
Out of all the bags in the showroom I think I loved the iddy biddy Candy Mini Bag the most. I mean come on, it's so cute!
After the event I guiltily ignored Bryan's advice about over-consumption and popped into Forever 21 as I was on a mission to find a necklace similar to what Ally wore in her latest video.
Of course, it wasn't there but I picked up a few other goodies including:
* A jumper covered in Foxes - obviously a necessity!
* A gorgeous pastel toned necklace - to be worn with a a sheer white shirt
* A beautiful bright toned necklace - to be worn with a black shirt.
So all in all it was a great morning!
I appreciate all the comments on my last post and will be doing a few more makeup blogs - especially as I hauled an unnecessary amount of makeup during my quick trip to Doha this weekend :) I am so excited about this but NARS blushers next - I promise :)