I really should have written this post in December. I am not sure why there has been a delay because I loved this product on first in-store application and it was limited edition so although not impossible to locate it's a little harder for those of us that want to stock up. So here we are....better late than never?
The product in question is Bobbi Brown's Nude Glow. When I went into the BB store last year I had no clear intention to buy this. Sure, it looks nice and yes, I have a highlight addiction but it wasn't on my "must have" list. And then the Sales Assistant applied it on my face.
Perhaps I was looking a little ropier than usual that day but the effect was transformative. This is one of those magical products that does it all - sculpts, warms and highlights. One sweep along your cheekbones and you're done. I don't think I have anything else that has ever really done that before. If I cast my mind back I would say the ELF Studio Bronzer (a mere $3) comes pretty close and would stack up as a decent dupe. Actually come to think of it that was a great product...
As with anything loaded with sheen, it can emphasise pores if applied with a heavy hand. You really only need one light swipe with a brush to get a delicate finish.
Other makeup worn:
- Bobbi Brown tinted moisturiser - how can something so thick end up looking so sheer?
- MUFE Full Cover concealer - no other concealer comes close to this. I wear colour number 6 and if you have never tried it you must order it right away :)
- NARS eye primer - Meh. Okay. Does the job.
- MAC Mythology over the lid, MAC Girlie in the crease and a touch of MAC Copper Sparkle pigment in the centre of the lid and along the lower lashline. Blend for smudgey finish.
- Charlotte Tilbury eyeliner (brown).
- Lancome Hypnose Star macara
On my lips I am wearing my beloved Tom Ford Spanish Pink. The photos do not do it justice. It looks so boring and neutral here but in person there is actually a nice degree of warmth to add a bit of colour to the face. It's not your standard nude. I have tried all of Tom's (first name terms) other light pink/nude lipsticks and I am not a fan at all - the tones are not right. Spanish Pink however is "the one". Every time I wear it someone throws a compliment. It's wearable, foolproof but also flattering - something that isn't always achievable with a neutral shade. I 100% recommend it.
Until tomorrow :)