Things you should know about this dress.
1) It's a lint magnet. You will gather dust and hairs as you journey through your day and constantly crave a lint roller.
2) There is netting in the skirt. This made me a bit nervous initially but this is the thing that gives the "structure" and ultimately the fullness.
3) It's booby and leggy. Wear in appropriate places. In Dubai this means the beach (or not really because who goes to the beach in a smart dress?), beach/expat type cafes, hotels and your house :)
Having said all of the above I have worn it twice in less than a week. I love the shape!
Dress: ASOS - Link!
Bag: 3.1 Philip Lim - Link!
Sunglasses: Ray-Ban - Link!
My tan by the way is fake. The James Read bronzing mousse is now competing for first place in my affections with the Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan Mousse in Dark. And I am happy about recommending the latter because it's far more affordable and we all like that!
I picked this up on a whim in Superdrug a couple of weeks ago. This is amazing stuff and don't let the "Dark" tag scare you off. It will definitely leave you tanned but in a deep, golden glow that still manages to look somewhat convincing. It does fade quite quickly but what I have always liked about mousse's is that they are easier to scrub off should you want to start from scratch.
My tips for application would be:
1) Don't leave it on for an hour. Go much longer. I tried the 1 hour thing and it all came off in the shower. Sometimes I sleep in it (if I really want to ruin my sheets) or sometimes I leave it on for about 4-5 hours, especially if I am just busy doing nothing at home during the day.
2) Use a mitt and wash your hands after applying to each limb. I do this to avoid tan hands as this is very good at drying very quickly!
For the record I don't put this anywhere near my face. I just don't bother fake tanning my face anymore. This is a recent decision but I think my skin is going to thank me and enjoy not getting clogged up. Plus this gives me a chance to address the drawer full of foundations in various hues when trying to get a decent face/body match :)
Hope you are having a great weekend! See you all tomorrow!