I am almost certain that this perfume will be used up within a month.
I have been using it “liberally”. And when I say liberally I mean I have wafted around town drenched in the stuff.
I received this little goodie last Thursday and did a little squeal when I saw it because this is a much-hyped offering from Jo Malone that many a big YouTuber has recommended.
I was so excited to finally try it because when I was listening to people rave about I faced one distinct challenge – what the hell does it smell like? Okay, it’s going to be a musky floral but seriously what the hell is Blush Suede when it's at home?
Well now I know. Whether I can describe it accurately or not is another matter so this is my ineloquent fragrance journey in words:
- Spray so much perfume you create a cloud around you. Immediately smell crisp fresh apples.
- Let perfume sit on skin for about 20 seconds and sniff hard and continuously so that you can follow it as it transforms on your skin. Do this so much that you successfully annoy people around you with numerous short, sharp inhales.
- Detect florals and start worrying that you are going to end up smelling like a generic Granny.
- Feel reassured as a light musk base starts coming through to add balance.
- Enjoy the light leather dry down that comes after a couple of minutes and lasts for about 4-5 hours.
I wouldn’t say that this is a complicated fragrance but I would a repeat a word that I say above - it’s really nicely balanced. It’s not overtly musky nor too floral – it’s just warm and understated. It’s the sort of scent that you’ll like but you won’t be sure exactly why. A little frustrating and addicting at the same time.
You can of course layer this to add more complexity and Jo Malone recommends Pomegranate Noir (PN) – one of my all time favourites. I am passing through duty free at the end of this month and I think a little 30ml spray version of the PN will have to be purchased. I can’t wait to see how a deeper, more masculine fragrance pairs with this one.
Have you tried Peony and Blush Suede?
PS. I bought a dress today because it was featured in the Daily Mail. My reasoning is that Beyonce looked really good in it....although when does she ever not look good?
Said dress is here - Link! - and I'll be wearing it very soon because while I thought stripes would make me look huge it's actually amazingly flattering! *high five*
Hope you are all well!