I have turned into one of those people - the ones that wear false lashes every damn day.
There I was in the supermarket buying razors and other glamorous paraphernalia when I saw the false eyelash stand. It was packed with lashes and then…then I spotted the Eylure 143's.
Similar to those Girl Aloud "Nicola" lashes, albeit a more wearable version, I am not sure if I have ever used these before. Regardless of that fact now I use them every single day.
High maintenance much?
They really are the perfect fluttery false lash, successfully adding thickness and drama without completely overwhelming the eye. I cut them in two and whack half on each eye and end up with something akin to an instant eye lift.
Here are the steps I follow:
- Buy lots with every supermarket shop
- Go home and cut the lashes so that you end up with 4 pieces. This will mean that the pack will last at least 4-6 days.
- Use half a lash from each side on each eye. This ensures that you end up with a tapered finish, with the longer lengths resting on the outer corner. If necessary I trim the ends gently to ensure a better integration on the eye.
- Apply my trusty Duo glue, wait 30 seconds-ish, and then place on the outer corner.
- Pull them gently so that they start right on the outer lash line for the ultimate lift and add a little mascara to finish.
I am well and truly addicted and although it's added some serious expense to my routine, I can still get ready in the same amount of time.
I can't emphasise how much these little bits of plastic give me confidence. You may of course disagree but I don't think they look too outlandish - they give just enough drama and definition.
If you haven't tried the Eylure 143 then I highly recommend you go out right now and pick up a pair.
Even the most novice eyelash wearer will be able to cope with applying a half of these on their lash line - trust me I should know! :)