The makeup etc. update
1) I am still wearing fake lashes every single day. Eylure 143's are the magic number - cut them in half and it's happy days.
2) I repurchased Clarins Extra Comfort. I don't want to be without it. Like, ever.
3) I am still keeping off the fake tan and although I have moments of regret I think overall, it's best not to be orange. I'll just warn you in advance though - as soon as I pop back to the UK in May I will be stocking up on James Read's mousse because this is the only tan worth the time and effort for the positively non-orange colour.
4) I bought Oribe Maximista Thickening Spray and no lie, I am in love with the stuff. I spray liberally and then reach for the Babyliss Big Hair brush. The spray has a magical ability to give your hair "stick" meaning that once combined with heat, works to give you volume, long-lasting hold and of course, thick hair. Think Bumble & Bumble Thickening Spray but a whole lot better.
5) I also bought, during the same retail session as the Oribe, By Terry Terrybly Nude lipstick. This is a sensational neutral but….the formula is so soft that the bullet split in half on the second day of ownership. *face palm* Buyer beware if you decide to splurge - apply NO PRESSURE otherwise the same thing will happen to yours.
The home/health update
I feel like I am nesting. I am not pregnant - lets nip that in the bud now - but maybe because I have been out so much recently that the most appealing option has become staying in, cooking my own food and just hibernating at home. Don't you just want to do that sometimes?
I'm loving it and it's had a few positive impacts:
a) I am buying lots of furniture and planning a home transformation where some of the IKEA (although I do love a bit of IKEA) is slowly cycled out in place of mid-century stock from West Elm; and
b) I am eating so much healthier and drinking a lot of water - the latter makes me so happy. I am now up to 3 litres plus a day after building up my consumption over a couple of weeks. It's AMAZING the difference it makes. My trick is to drink room temperature - you bloat less and it's easier to finish off a larger quantity.
c) I have also watched some amazing documentaries. I highly recommend you head to iTunes and watch Dior and I and then Valentino: The Last Emperor. Both a cast a revealing lens on the reality of running a fashion house. It's so easy to forget the degree of commercial pressure that sits on the shoulders of the head creatives but both of these really bring home the emotion. Now I cry at anything but I cried at the end of both and, in my book, that's a great sign :)
The shopping update
1. ASOS striped dress - this has recently come back in stock and looks like a perfect lazy day/throw on number.
2. Oasis shift dress - this is a very slinky nude number that has a nice racer back shoulder line. I think I would feel very chic in this but possibly also a bit out of shape because it looks like the kind of dress that will cruelly highlight every lump and bump.
3. Reiss grecian style dress - now THIS I love and I haven't seen it in the UAE which may/may not mean that the Middle East buyers picked it up for the stores here. This therefore makes me feel fully justified in getting it. Just don't look at the price.
4. Converse: Dainty - these are those thin soled Converse that I think may be the way forward. As much as I like the traditional plimsolls with jeans, when worn with shorts/skirts I feel a bit bottom heavy. This slinkier version seems like a good solution.
5. Topshop stepped hem roll neck top - I actually already have this in the mustard colour and wore it in a recent OOTD. It's a good staple that sits at the right level on the hips. Now the only thing to be aware of is the slit at the back - this is one of those details that it really could do without.
6. Sunday Riley Good Genes - I am just desperate to try this! So many raves can't make it wrong.
7. Topshop Gallaop patent nude shoes - I have seen these in the Dubai Mall store and they are that ideal nude shade. For me they are probably a teeny bit higher than I would like for an everyday heel but I have never hated a Topshop shoe so maybe I need to just overcome that fear.
8. Warehouse "gypsy" texture top - can I wear this style of top? I see it on the model and love the way it looks. I'm visualising holiday/tanned shoulders/evening cocktails/waves crashing in the background….yes I have it all planned out :)
9. Topshop petal hem dress - anything described as petal hem sounds good to me. This just looks so pretty and unique.
10. By Terry Terrybly lipstick in 400 21 D - I spotted this on the Space NK website and although I have just bemoaned the softness of the formula, this colour looks sensational!
God this has been a long blogpost! I hope you have all been well and look forward to more regular catch ups this week :)
What have you been up to?