As I mentioned in my last post I have been on a rampant "spring clean" recently, chucking out anything that does not "spark joy". It's been a good process to go through and has already allowed me to appreciate and focus on what I actually have.
That being said, this is a shopping blog and so it's only fair that I dedicate some time and space to talking about some recent acquisitions. There's a bit of everything: makeup, shoes, sunglasses and even a wee little bag. Get ready!
Jimmy Choo Lucia sunglasses from sunglasses-shop.co.uk
Any pair of sunglasses gets an affirmed thumbs up from me and what I would say about these are that they are:
1) Easy to wear - they are neither too big nor too small so fit and frame a face nicely.
2) Nicely tapered - they are a gentle cat eye frame: not too extreme or cartoonish in shape but just tapered enough to give you a lift.
3) Dimensional in colour - the exterior is burgundy (a great shade to wear by the way!) and the inner is laced with gold.
4) Understated - they are a designer brand but not obnoxiously so. This is one of the reason I love brands like Oliver Peoples or Celine - there are subtle nods to the company but nothing overt. It's subtle.
I should tell you that Sunglasses Shop are running a contest to promote the arrival of the Jimmy Choo brand on the site and are giving away a pair of shoes/choos!
You can follow the link here to find out more information - Link! - but in summary all you have to do is send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "I love Jimmy Choo". That's it. No need to follow them across every social network or share with your friends. Just send an email. Do it before midnight on Jun 22nd to be in with a chance!
Estee Lauder Double Wear in Sand
I felt a push to buy this when watching MissAllyV on YouTube. She was talking about how much she loved this foundation, how it lasted all day and was such an ideal formula that she wanted to wear it on her wedding day.
I bought Sand which is the perfect colour. It has a hint of a yellow undertone to it but not so much that it looks odd when applied. In MAC foundation language it probably rests between an NC20 and an NC25.
I have consistently worn this every day since I got it and have a few points to make:
1) It applies best when skin is generously moisturised (I pile on Sunday Riley Good Genes beforehand) and when blended with fingers.
2) It dries quickly a la Revlon Colorstay. You have to work fast to avoid a streaky finish.
3) It leaves skin looking flat but as the day goes on, as your natural oils produce, it has a miraculous ability to look even better. The coverage remains but it goes from matte to plastic-perfect.
4) You don't need to touch up. It really bonds to the skin and refuses to fade. This is IDEAL for humid weather conditions. Even in 40+ head and 50% humidity it will remain.
5) If you have normal or oily skin you are in luck. If you have dry skin, forget it. It will grab and hold to those areas and will look horrendous.
6) Cleanse carefully. A double cleanse, preferably one with a round of oil, is required.
I am going to stay dedicated to using this. The fact that it remains in tact after a long work day makes it piece of mind in a bottle. If Clarins Extra Comfort is the perfect winter foundation, this would be the perfect product for summer.
I spotted these at the beginning of the season and loved the style. Gala are a more feminine take on a traditional loafer" pointed toe and a well placed grosgrain bow. This version came crafted with delicate shiny silver studs and looked so unique.
I waited until they were in the sale and then pounced. They are great for work - think tapered trousers and a COS white shirt - but I'll probably wear them the most with jeans.
Jimmy Choo always seem to have pretty good shoe sales so I'd recommend taking a chance and just waiting until the discount come piling in before you spurge.
Mini bags just do something to me. I basically lose my mind when I see them. Especially when they are pink, 60% off in the Harvey Nichols sale and come with a palm tree cocktail stirrer charm!
So it doesn't hold an iPhone 6 plus. So it only holds a card wallet, a lipgloss and keys. That's not the point! It's just so. freaking. cute and causes a 34 year old me revert to a tween in excitement :)
I love Sophie Hulme's product - the leather is always beautiful and it's not a brand that everyone has, at least over here. I don't think I'm quite done with buying up her line….a black Albion is in my future although after splashing out on all the above, not just yet :)
End of Haul
Well that was all a bit spendy wasn't it! To make up for it I really, really want to eBay a ton of clothes and maybe some accessories but how do I ship at an affordable price from Dubai? This is something I need to work out ASAP!
Have you bought anything noteworthy recently?