I have a bunch of outfits and a bunch of chat so get ready for post of the ramble variety.
I did think about posting these as separate posts but that would feel like short changing you because let's be honest, there is nothing spectacular going on here!
The reality behind this photo. Beads of sweat on my 'tache and a bad case of hat hair. Still I was determined to wear the jeans with the wool hat so it's my own stupid fault.
The main star of the show, if you want to call it that, here is the Zara cape blazer. MY. GOD. If you want to feel like a modern day superhero, make sure you pick this up. It's fantastic for formal wear of course, injecting a bit of pazzazz to corporate environments, but also good enough for jeans.
Hat: Forever 21
Sunglasses: Bailey Nelson - Link!
Top: Topshop (I LIVE IN THESE TANKS right now) - Link!
Blazer: Zara - Link!
Shoes: Birkenstocks - sorry not sorry!
Bag: Mansur Gavriel
White jeans/white tank. That is one outfit I could wear every single day…that is if I didn't have a high propensity to spill balsamic vinegar laden salads all over myself every lunchtime.
The jeans are Current/Elliott and I did cry a tear when I bought them as they were so expensive but….they turned out to fit well. Most importantly however is their absolute refusal to expose knickers or leg cellulite - the denim is reassuringly thick.
I tell you, white jean wearing can be stressful!
Jeans: Current/Elliott - Link!
Top: Topshop (THERE'S THAT TANK AGAIN :) - Link!
Blazer: Zara - Link!
Bag: Sophie Hulme - Link!
Shoes: Jimmy Choo
Sunglasses: Bailey Nelson - Link! - I wear these pretty much all the time at the moment.
Ah I adore this dress. It's from Self-Portrait and I got it from Net a Porter months ago. I recklessly ordered a size 8, figuring that it would be fine because "its a midi". Well let me tell you that I had to squeeze into it and I looked "stuffed". Me being me though I refused to send it back because I waited months for this particular style to come back into stock.
Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago and I finally managed to do it up and not look pained. I could even sit down in it without the fabric tearing. Wonderful.
I am actually glad I waited because its a dress for a special occasion and this time it was for dear Laura Carlson's 30th birthday - see picture at the top of this post :)
I can't lie, this does make me want to buy more Self-Portrait. There is one particular dress that I am now in the process of stalking and if any of the usual online suspects get this back in stock I will be ready for it….maybe in a size 10 this time….just to be sure :)
FYI: Selfridges have the best stock.
Dress: Self-Portrait - sold out
Shoes: Christian Louboutin (I would have preferred a strappier heel but I currently have a dodgy toe so needed to be able to walk and these are the most comfy pair of heels I own)
Bag: Sophie Hulme - (similar) Link!
1) Nuxe Micellar Water - I know skincare gurus are going to want to slap me right now but I use a micellar water in the morning. I like it to cleanse off the oil accumulated at night and it's the Nuxe one that has been a revelation. The gentle rose scent makes the process of using it extremely refreshing and it's one of those skincare products that you look forward to using. If you hate micellar water textures typically then I would urge you to try this one.
2) Kat von D contour palette - this brand recently launched in Dubai and although the press launch event was very weird, with Kat herself appearing stressed and hurried, the products that I have tried have all been excellent. The contour palette is a particular favourite - the lightest contour tone works well. It's neither too brown or too grey - it's exactly what a shadow needs to be. In total honesty, out of all the contour palettes I have tried, this is the best for me.
3) My new pink converse - see I told you this list was going to be random. I look forward to wearing these. They are the Dainty version of the Converse so much lighter and easier to wear without feeling like a stump and they come in the prettiest cool toned pink hue. I would like a nail polish this colour….I would like everything this colour.
4) St Tropez mousse - okay, let me explain. I did say I was eschewing all fake tan and then one weak willed night I decided that I would just pop a wee bit on. I used one pump for each limb, and teeny amounts for everywhere else. The effect in the morning was akin to a gradual tanner and there is no denying it - I looked so much better! It helped that I had managed to blob it on without causing any noticeable streaks. I have done this a couple of times since and the aim is to do it maybe 1-2 a week…enough to save a tired face but not so much that there is an opportunity for product build up.
5) Narciso Rodriguez For Her Amber Musc edition - ooh this is lovely. I have been wearing it every day this week and it seems to magically last through 8+ hours in an office. When you spray this at first it's like releasing a warm, woody bomb with a hint of leather and sweetness. It's a bold scent that would knock out a tube carriage during the morning commute but if that doesn't put you off, then I would recommend an investigation :)
I'll leave it there. I mean I could go on. And on. I love a ramble. But I have stray kittens to feed, dogs to walk and a bed to retreat to :)
See you all very soon! :)