Ugh, I'm still not over it.
If you're a shop selling an off the shoulder top then you have a customer in me.
Top: River Island - Link!
Jeans: Frame - Link!
Sunglasses: Celine - Link!
1. I saw this top on Fleur de Force and loved the cut out detail that features at arm and shoulder level. It appears far more expensive than it is, being from good ole River Island, and so I hit ASOS and ordered it straight away. Although like all Bardot top it has the tendency to move around, its comfortable to wear, with the elastication being neither too tight or loose - and the length is perfect. Well worth the £25.
2. As always I am on YouTube trying to find new people to watch. Lizzy is a current favourite. She has original concepts for her fashion videos, commits to interesting weekly vlogs and deserves far more subscribers. Subscribe!
3. After recently thinking how lucky I was not to have had the flu or a cold for years, guess what struck me down this week? The universe was clearly having a laugh. You'd think, living in the desert, that a cold would be an unlikely event but the arctic air conditioning and blistering heat outside make for a constant immune system-shocking cocktail. I'm over the worst now and am thankful that it's come before my holiday and not during it!
4. I ordered a new pair of Dior sunglasses from Matches this week and nearly peed my pants in anticipation of their arrival. On paper they were perfect - rose gold, reflective and oversized. In reality though they were more Deirdre Barlow than Jackie O and so were returned the same day. They also had a touch of the Quay Australia about them. That's absolutely fine if you are paying £30 but not when you are paying £300.
5. I hate my fringe a little less each day. It was an impromptu decision to cut it and I would be lying if I said there wasn't regret attached to this memory but it's finally settled to a workable length.
6. I try not to use this blog as a place to moan but....I am so over being in Dubai. I've been here for nearly 6 years and I do think that my limit is approaching. The fact that I have been here all summer adds to my low tolerance for the place - when you can't really go outside you tend to become a little bitchy and bored. I say this every year. Wait till November and I'll be extolling it's virtues again. I am just so ready for my holiday!